Bulletin 06 June 2016

Rotary Club Bali Ubud Sunset

District 3420 / No. 79571

Meeting every Monday at 5:30 PM at the Maya Ubud Resort, Ubud or the Kakiang Garden Café, Ubud

 “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go. “– Dr. Seuss

Bulletin June 6, 2016

 ANNOUNCEMENTS, CORRESPONDENCE, REPORTS

Allan Penny Terri

P Allan, Sec Penny, and CS Terri

We actually had no guests at this meeting which is unusual, but the members had lots to talk about.

AllanPres. Allan spoke about several things including the fact that club dues (1,500,000 IDR this year) must be paid as soon as possible by members.  The monies can be given to PE Bruce, Sec. Penny, or Pres. Allan.  An email was sent with this bank transfer info:

  • Bank: Maybank
  • SWIFT Code: IBBKIDJA
  • Acct Name: Allan Keith Starr or Penelope Adams
  • Acct No: 8195 10442 4

Allan also commented that the By-Laws that were sent out last week would be passed if no one else has negative comments by the end of this week.  He said no one had sent him any comments at all yet.

Our current projects ‘Needing Funding’ was discussed and some mentioned projects needed actual official proposals before the Board can consider them.

Terri with a helmet

Terri with a helmet

Community Services Director Terri gave us an update on the Helmets project:

Still waiting on delivery. If they come on the 23rd of June what will happen…ask Bruce to collect for Terri. And take to Terri’s villa for storage. Order put in a month ago. Coordinate with Penny for while Terri comes back. Found out which schools we went to last year. New contact person for Viceroy. Still need to confirm whether they will still help with the schools that they have already sponsored.

Worried as to be able to communicate with the schools re follow up but we will be able to do it with a script and the song…decided we could do it – Penny and Terri – all good

Confirmed that we are focused on kindergarten. Rich asked if all children go to Kindergarten…maybe we need to focus more on first graders. Bruce suggested we email Rotoractors for list of kinders that need support. We have 500 u.s in the bank. Terri will bring back $AU1800 from Australia.  Terri will contact the Rotaracts about school recommendations.

If it is a sunset project must go through the sunset books. Therefore Terri will

deposit in our bank with Penny. It does need to be transparent. And we need to have a paper trace…all approved and under control of Rotary.  People in the states will bring the cash back so we can get the best rate we can and therefore negate transfer fee. A1800 dollars specifically for helmets.  ACTION: Rich and Terri to meet Penny at bank and deposit monies.

Rich Foss at Aas with well bore

Rich Foss at Aas with well bore; yellow water tanks in background

Next the Karangasem water projects were discusses:

– scope & cost confirmation is underway, we hope to visit before the team departs.

Planning to go up on Wednesday, to check on the project. Rich has A$500 from Henry and Elaine Eiler from Tasmanian as a personal donation for water projects and Sue & Ray Bishop’s rumah sehat.  They are not Rotarians, but want to help. I will go into our club as a donation for the above two projects.

Rich has US$1000 from his Colorado Springs RC which will go through the Sunset Bank Account. So we will meet Rich and exchange the dollars into Rupiah and will deposit into bank tomorrow with Terri…or Thursday…they will let us know when is suitable for them to meet.

Need to get in touch with Ping and supplier as Rich is not sure of price for rolled pipe…

ACTION: Allan to do concept paper to explain that this project is an extension of the existing one

Project 16 took water down to Lingawana village and has been very successful but it is now late dry season and there is not enough water so this project some additional springs must be found to be captured and gravity fed into the existing system …Rich will take extra 3 tanks and pipe.

Penny moved that costs for travel and wear and tear on car be factored into project – passed

Next the Handover meeting was discussion –We think 3-6 rotaracts will attend and have been invited by Allan.

Also discussed how or what a handover entails. Suggested a quick overview of what we have achieved and quickly what we are aiming for in

Danielle Foss

Danielle Foss

the upcoming year – we want it to be positive and a celebration of what we have done…a time of gratitude …time for happy happy happy (RTF Daniele).   ACTION: Bruce to put together an agenda for handover.

In addition it was decided that we would schedule another Assembly for Sept. 4th and Bruce will send out an agenda soon.  We want to brainstorm attracting new members to our club.  So if you are reading this bulletin and will not or cannot attend the Assembly, PLEASE send along any ideas or suggestions you may have.  Thanks.

PE Bruce

PE Bruce

Lastly, Bruce gave out several of our new pamphlets to people with the idea that they be kept in members cars, motorbikes, purses, etc. to be used to give to potential new members they might meet

Meeting closed at 7:00

Because of member vacations our next Meeting will be at Kakiang on Monday 06 August 5:30-7PM.

See here: http://rotarybaliubudsunset.org/attend-a-meeting-location-map/   Remember that Guests are ALWAYS welcomed and encouraged to attend our Monday evening meetings. Invite them to come see what our club is all about and how we are devoted to helping the local Balinese. Our club priorities are Health, Hygiene, and Water. To ensure a seat, please email us before Monday noon, at meeting (at) rotarybaliubudsunset (dot) org

 

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedintumblrmailby feather