Bulletin 09 July 2018
Rotary Club Bali Ubud Sunset
District 3420 / No. 79571
Meetings: 2nd Monday of each month at Kakiang Garden Café on Jl. Andong: last Monday at Maya Resort & Spa Ubud. 5:30-7PM
“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much”
Bulletin July 09, 2018
ANNOUNCEMENTS, CORRESPONDENCE, REPORTS
Guests: Anthony Heaton (husband of Renee Heaton)
Pres. Brian welcomed everyone.
Treasurer Report :
- Brian apologized for not having the 2018-19 budget finished yet, but it will be ready be very soon
- 2018-19 Yearly report: Total transactions Rp. 433,674,462.
- Spent on the projects was Rp. 111,952,800; mainly consisting of :
- Bali Children Project Rp. 27,307,500;
- Library Books Rp. 17,143,900 ;
- Helmets Kids Rp. 16,435,000, and
- JFF Payangan Rp. 18.000.000.
- There still Rp. 5,500,000 in Mount Agung Disaster Relief Fund and in the helmets fund is Rp. 2,613,000
- The club Bank Account Balance on June 30th 2018: operations acct Rp. 50,315,685; Project Acct Rp. 103,333,325; Total left in account Rp. 161,790,413.
It was announced that the club’s 10 year celebration – JFF Project at Payangan is now on 26th and 27th July 2018, banners have been delivered for 8 Banjars and also for Kantor Kepala Desa. Day one JFF will do screening and cataract surgery and the second day they will check the people who had surgery the day before and also will do screening at the elementary school. Volunteers are needed for registration, etc. Rotaracts will be the contacted to get involved in this event. Mapping and directions to the place will be shared soon. Small banners with directions also will be put up. Coffee and tea will provide by Desa, Snack and Lunch Box will be provided by RCBUS. Staffs needed for the day will organize and coordinate with JFF and Desa.
Rumah Sehat Healthy Day date sponsored by RCBUS possibly August, not confirmed yet.
Gitgit Water Project looking for funding cost approximately Rp. 86,000,000, wait for good news from IPP Allan Starr.
Community Service Committee Dora: JFF in Bangli with Rotary Seminyak will be following up with Kepala Desa.
PLEASE NOTE: All members living in Bali will be considered as going to meetings unless the member sends email or phone before midday on the meeting day to say otherwise. Please contact Renee email@example.com or Brian WA +6282146897427.
Next guest speaker at Maya Meeting will be Jack Blaylock from the Ubud Community FB. We need more info for more guest speakers for August and beyond. Ideas are needed from everybody.
Next meeting Maya will be on 30th July 2018.
Renee will leave on 9th till 20th August, need someone to handle meeting plan with Kakiang and Maya.
By: Bruce Briscoe