Bulletin 13 February 2017
Rotary Club Bali Ubud Sunset
District 3420 / No. 79571
Meetings- the 2nd Mondays at 5:30 PM at Kakiang Garden Cafe and the Last Mondays at Maya Ubud Resort, Ubud
“The thing that lies at the foundation of positive change, the way I see it, is service to a fellow human being”. Lech Walesa
Bulletin 13 February 2017
ANNOUNCEMENTS, CORRESPONDENCE, REPORTS
President Bruce opened the meeting by thanking everyone for coming.
He then inducted our newest Member Abe Satria.
Like our most recent addition Dora, Abe is also a previous Rotaract member and President. We know he will be a great new addition to our hard working team.
Bruce then announced that we still needed Raffle items and then needed to be wrapped (newspaper is fine) and brought to a meeting. He also mentioned that an email has gone out asking for nominations for our officers for the 2017-18 Rotary year.
- Community Service Director-Fundraising Terri has now raised over A$1,400 and hoping for more before she returns to Bali in a few months. All are earmarked for more
Helmets! The little heads of 5 and 6 year olds thank her.
- Treasurer Allan was not there but he has already given the District Grant update that our Rumah Sehat district grant request had been approved!
- Upcoming speakers:
- Feb – Jack Blaylock
- March – Emas Hitam Permaculture talk
- April – Susan Tereba
- May – Chris Sperduto
- Upcoming: Ron Lilly (the snake guy) and Margarate of Villa Kitty
- Our club’s PO Box 444. Turns out it is NOT our PO Box but we have been using it and it actually belongs to Marilyn Carson. Bruce checked at our local post office and was told there are no available box available. Brian, our guest had a brilliant suggestion: contact Maya and ask if we can use their local address for our club. Bruce will do that.
- Dora – Bruce has asked Dora to be our Community Services Director – Local AND our Youth Director, she accepted. We’ve also made Terri our excellent Community Services Director – Fundraising.
- Dora has also agreed to assist Bruce when he starts meeting with local companies to speak about “Corporate Memberships”.
Result of the last Board Meeting:
- Helmets: Approved. The board asked Terri to ensure that all future helmet orders go through Chris and that all helmet purchase funds are funneled through our club and then to Chris. It has all be agreed to.
Ph.D. candidate Kaler – Approved – we can fund his family support until he graduates in June!
- Puppets for the Rotaracts – Approved purchase of 10 puppets to see how it goes.
- Rumah Sehat Healthy Day – Approved up to 20M rp.
- Bali Children’s Foundation – Approved District Grant for up to US$1,825
- Paper & Pencils – Approved additional purchases for about 300 students.
- Water Project #17– Approved
- Dora’s ‘Bed on Wheels’ – Dora was able to already raise the 4M needed
Over all it was a very good meeting tonight with great comments and ideas from VP Rich & Vocation Director Danielle, that followed a very good Board meeting last week. Thanks to everyone.
The meeting was called promptly at 7PM.
Next Meetings: 27 Feb. at Maya Resort & Spa, Ubud. Our guest speaker will be Jack Blaylock – Administrator of the great Facebook page “Ubud Community”! https://www.facebook.com/groups/UbudCommunity/