Bulletin 18 December 2017
Rotary Club Bali Ubud Sunset
District 3420 / No. 79571
Meetings: 2nd Monday of each month at Kakiang Garden Café on Jl. Andong: last Monday at Maya Resort & Spa Ubud. 5:30-7PM
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” Socrates
December 18, 2017
ANNOUNCEMENTS, CORRESPONDENCE, REPORTS
The meeting had only two agenda items:
- Our 4th Annual Rotary Christmas Fundraising Dinner at the 5-Star Maya Resort & Spa on 10 December and our 10th Club Anniversary next May.
We had a VERY successful event this year. In August when the planning started for this event, it was hoped, and actually expected, that we would sell out the 84 seats that Maya could provide. We have many more members this year, twenty, compared to last year’s eleven. However, like many times in our lives, something out of left field hit us all – the Mt. Agung Volcano. This has caused so many people to NOT come to Bali this holiday season. BUT, it was a success anyway. Here are the numbers:
- Silent Auction 15,500,000
- Raffle tickets 6,250,000
- Dinner Tickets Sold 20,200,000
- TOTAL 41,950,000
- Print Posters 95,000
- Put up Posters 275,000
- Maya Dinner cost to us 9,407,500
- Print tickets 276,000
- TOTAL 10,053,500
TOTAL PROFIT TO OUR CLUB: 31,896,500rp
We had 24 Adult, 11 KTP holders (Indonesian adults), and 1 Child tickets sold this year. Last year we profited about 24M and had 42 guests.
Bruce then opened the floor up to comments, suggestions, etc.
- The food/venue – all great comments.
- The turkey was very moist and flavorful, the wild mushroom lasagna and the fish were mentioned as well as very delicious.
- Decorations – GREAT and better than last year.
- Service – excellent
- Raffle and Silent Auction items – fantastic! We had about 20 items in all. Seven Raffle items that were drawn only two times and the Silent Auction announced at the end.
- RTN Fern commented that the actual venue was not good in terms of the raised area in the middle made it difficult for people to walk around,
- We need to look at how to take charges for the Silent Auction. RTN Tika will speak to her tax accountant for clarification
- Other ideas:
- having our Cookbooks available, might have sold a few;
- some suggested we have a member Christmas celebration and not so much of a fundraiser;
- round tables instead of the rectangular ones make conversation easier;
- Another venue – the raised platform in the middle was viewed as inconvenient.
- Another suggest was that we have slide show of our projects for all to see – Bruce commented that had been tried, but that the sight lines were bad and not everyone could see the show
- Fern also mentioned having other Fundraising events. The original Ubud club’s Halloween fundraiser was mentioned and RTN Danielle mentioned how difficult it was to put on.
Overall, the comments were very good with some ideas to make next years even better
Bruce announceed that he added many photos (thank you to Tika’s husband and Bruce’s wife) to our website: http://rotarybaliubudsunset.org/photo-galleries/http://rotarybaliubudsunset.org/photo-galleries/
2. Our Club’s 10th Club Anniversary next May
Bruce opened the floor to discuss our club’s 10th Anniversary next May.
Some suggested that we combine our celebration with our Rotaracts (their 12th Anniversary) AND our Changeover celebration.
- When combined with the Changeover, we can invite District officers and perhaps local VIPs and government officials.
- It was decided that our first meeting in January would dig into this and a committee will be formed.
Next Meeting, at Kakiang Garden Café on Andong, Ubud, Jan. 8th 2018, 5:30-7PM.
Our next Board Meeting was announced for January 29th
There was no raffle this meeting.