Bulletin 22 August 2016
Rotary Club Bali Ubud Sunset
District 3420 / No. 79571
Meeting every Monday at 5:30 PM at the Maya Ubud Resort, Ubud or the Kakiang Garden Café, Ubud
“Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened” – Dr. Seuss
Bulletin August 22, 2016
ANNOUNCEMENTS, CORRESPONDENCE, REPORTS
President Bruce opened the meeting by giving a Warm Welcome to our members.
Allan gave a Rotary Minute about the Rotary Five Avenues of Service.
- International service,
- Community service, looking after yourself and you.
- Club Service,
- Youth service,
- Vocational service…do service to your career or profession (promoting ethical standards etc…be involved in youth and show what your vocation was about; involved in accounting standards committee. All members are classified by business or profession – can only have only one of a same profession or business in a club. More you mix the group the more you spread the message with different
Bruce mentioned how we were all very busy helping the locals. RYLA – Bruce is awaiting the reply from Patrick about the when/where/how much and report when he hears. We hope to support one local to attend this very worthwhile event. T. Allan gave to Penny all the contact information concerning the other club’s Youth Coordinators and she will contact them for help with RYLA.
We are are working on the request to sponsor a Rotaract to attend APRRC in Thailand next August. Allan to get in touch with Shaun from Denver, and David Wood the RYLA speaker from several weeks ago. At this point we can’t sponsor it but we are willing to help to find a sponsor to cover the costs…way out of our budget. Shaun has presented this to his club and will get back to us.
Bruce commented on the 3rd Annual Christmas Fundraising Dinner at Maya. Penny has someone working on the first draft of the actual dinner ticket and will report back very soon. Bruce suggested we all start speaking to friends and neighbours about attending this great Christmas event. We have the following incredible raffle items already:
- Number 1 restaurant in Indonesia – 2 vouchers for their prize winning 7 course dinners for 2 – value 3M.
- The Chedi Club Tanah Gajah, Ubud – one voucher for a 2 nights stay in a Pool Villa for 2 guests, including all club benefits and two 90 minutes Balinese massages, valued at approx. 22,456,000rp.
- CasCades at The Viceroy Bali- 2 dinner vouchers: 7M rp
- Luxe BBQ & Grill one night stay in the Sky Loft 160 m2, two floor suite & the 5 course chefs table dinner two as a package. Value 6,100,000.
Bruce also mentioned that several Galleries have been set up and added to on our website; Check http://rotarybaliubudsunset.org/photo-galleries/ As a result of suggestion last week about attracting new members through Social Media, Bruce told us we now have the following social media sites for our club:
- Our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/129279773753349/
- Our Instagram page: with some great photos: https://www.instagram.com/RotaryClubUbud/
- Our Twitter page: https://twitter.com/RotaryClubUbud
- Our Linkedin page: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rotaryrotaryclubbaliubudsunset
We need ALL members to obtain a Facebook account, even if you personally never really use it. Once you have one, search for Bali Ubud Sunset Rotary Club and then JOIN that page. Now you’ll receive a notice in your email every time our Facebook page gets updated. Now simply Share the Post on your page and ask your friends to Share it on their page. This will spread the word about what our club is doing. This will really help and it’s so simple!
Next meeting: Maya – 29 August 5:30 for 6:00 start.