Bulletin 27 August 2018
Rotary Club Bali Ubud Sunset
District 3420 / No. 79571
Meetings: 2nd Monday of each month at Kakiang Garden Café on Jl. Andong: last Monday at Maya Resort & Spa Ubud. 5:30-7PM
“Be the change you wish to see in the world” Mahatma Gandhi
Bulletin August 27, 2018
ANNOUNCEMENTS, CORRESPONDENCE, REPORTS
Guests: Warren, who lives in Pejeng.
Brian also updated us about Rotary Disaster Relief for Lombok, which so far has raised around Rp. 70,000,000; the plan is to build houses at a cost of about Rp. 6,000,000 each to put 6 to 8 people in there as a result of the quakes that are still going and look forward for the next plans. We need to concern also for people in Bali who got damaged houses from the earth quakes. Looking forward what can we do and how we can help.
Dora updated us: Waiting on information from JFF for the 6th grade girl who need of cataract surgery from Payangan JFF clinic.
Healthy day confirmation date is October 6Th at Dempo Karangasem
Baby cleft lip is already in a good and nice condition for now, and the family of the baby said thank you to RCBUS.
The 5th Annual Christmas Fundraising Dinner:
- At the Maya Resort & Spa
- The price to us is Rp. 265,000
- We have reduced the dinner costs from the last years: Adult Rp. 500,000; KTP Rp. 450,000; kids (6-12 years old) Rp. 225,000; under 6 free
- Food will be typical like last year
- Free welcome drink and free canopies at 6:15-7:00 pm, in our meeting room. In addition, a no host bar. Also a good opportunity to look over our raffle and auction items.
- Start the dinning at 7:00-9:30 pm
- As last year, Maya will accept cash, bank transfers, and charge card use, over the phone.
- A magician will entertain at the dinner at a cost to us of 2.5M for an hour+
- Bruce and Sue will have the list and the contact detail for silent auction and raffle prizes. Also this year we want to have many small items so that most people will win something!
Guest speaker at Maya 24th September is Alexandre Wettstein from Fair Future Foundation to be confirmed. Guest speaker for Maya meeting October is Cat Wheeler, but we need to confirm. Guest speakers are needed for October and November and beyond.
Raffle item won by our guest Warren.
Next meeting Kakiang Garden Café on Jl. Andong will be on 10th September 2018.
By: Bruce Briscoe