Bulletin 29 August 2016
Rotary Club Bali Ubud Sunset
District 3420 / No. 79571
Meeting every Monday at 5:30 PM at the Maya Ubud Resort, Ubud or the Kakiang Garden Café, Ubud
“Always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.” – George Carlin
Bulletin August 29, 2016
ANNOUNCEMENTS, CORRESPONDENCE, REPORTS
President Bruce opened the meeting by giving a Warm Welcome to our members and our returning member and Vocation Director, Danielle Foss and her husband RTN Richard Foss and our ‘water project expert’ with over 16 successful Bali water projects under his belt!
Bruce mentioned how we were all very busy helping the locals. RYLA (Rotary Youth Leadership Awards for our Rotaracts) – Bruce is still awaiting the reply from AG Patrick about the when/where/how much and report when he hears. We hope to support one local Ubud Rotaractor to attend this very worthwhile event.
Again, Bruce commented on the 3rd Annual Christmas Fundraising Dinner at Maya. Penny has someone working on the first draft of the actual dinner ticket and will
report back very soon. Bruce suggested we all start speaking to friends and neighbours about attending this great Christmas event on 4 December. Each fully paid ticket will include one raffle ticket, and we have the following incredible raffle items already:
Number 1 restaurant in Indonesia Locavore – 2 vouchers for their prize winning 7 course dinners for 2 – value 3M.
- The Chedi Club Tanah Gajah, Ubud – one voucher for a 2 nights stay in a Pool Villa for 2 guests, including all club benefits and two 90 minutes Balinese massages, valued at approx. 22,456,000rp.
- CasCades at The Viceroy Bali- 2 dinner vouchers: 7M rp
- Luxe BBQ & Grill one night stay in the Sky Loft 160 m2, two floor suite & the 5 course chefs table dinner two as a package. Value 6,100,000.
- Hujan Locale – 2 vouchers for dinners at 500k each. Total 1M
- Five Elements – voucher for 2 (signature massage) valid for 2 persons. “Surrender to our signature mind/body treatment. Immersion begins with a 15 minute steam session enhanced with your choice of an essential oil. Your experience continues with a Purifying Thermal Mud Wrap, followed by a full-body massage. Emerge with renewed energy and a feeling of wellbeing from head to toe” . With validity up to March 31, 2017 – @US$135. US$270 (3.5M rp)
- Four Seasons Sayan – dining+spa voucher for 2
- Maya – 2 nights at Maya Ubud and 2 nights at Maya Sanur!
- Coming Taksu package
Again, Bruce mentioned that several Galleries have been set up and added to on our website; http://rotarybaliubudsunset.org/photo-galleries/ As a result of suggestions a few weeks ago about attracting new members through Social Media, Bruce told us we now have the following social media sites for our club:
- Our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/129279773753349/
- Our Instagram page: with some great photos: https://www.instagram.com/RotaryClubUbud/
- Our Twitter page: https://twitter.com/RotaryClubUbud
- Our Linkedin page: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rotaryrotaryclubbaliubudsunset
We need ALL members to obtain a Facebook account, even if you personally never really use it. Once you have one, search for Bali Ubud Sunset Rotary Club and then JOIN that page. Now you’ll receive a notice in your email every time our Facebook page gets updated. Now simply Share the Post on your page and ask your friends to Share it on their page. This will spread the word about what our club is doing. This will really help and it’s so simple!
Robert Epstone, founder of Solemen Indonesia (Solemen), an Indonesian registered non-profit charity primarily focusing their efforts on helping the disadvantaged in Bali, Indonesia. They are one of the most well-known and trusted charities in Bali.
Robert showed several short films about how Solemen was started and what it is doing now. Here is one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqFLMMyOenk It describes the work that Solemen Indonesia does to help the disadvantaged people in Bali. It includes three of several major cases that they’ve had great success with over the past year.
Next meeting: Kakiang – 05 September and meet our District Governor Nyoman Nilawati, 5:30 for 6:00 start.