Bulletin 31 July 2017
Rotary Club Bali Ubud Sunset
District 3420 / No. 79571
Meetings on the 2nd Monday of the month at Kakiang Garden Café, Jl. Andong at 5:30 PM
And the last Monday of the month at Maya Resort & Spa, Ubud at 5:30 PM
“We rise by lifting others” – Robert Ingersoll
Bulletin July 31, 2017
ANNOUNCEMENTS, CORRESPONDENCE, REPORTS
Allan then presented the Tresurer’s pin to T Brian Goldman. And a new RCBUS name badge to our latest new member RTN Ray Bishop
RCBUS by laws has been sent to all members previously for their review by Sec Sue
Brian presented the RCB US 2017/18 budget, this was approved unanimously by members present.
- She gave us a review of the very successful John Fawcet Foundation village visit in Banjar Sumita
- That day JFF performed 6 cataract operations, over 200 pairs of eyeglasses were given out and treatment of some eye infections
- This was a repeat from Banjar Let in Desa Taro because that village visit for 3 banjars was not too successful as it rained VERY hard and one banjar could not come. Plus another banjar was having a ceremony. So instead of 3 banjars, only one attended.
- Dora gave the UGM Payangan social hygiene activity report: our club sponsored Rp2m for the medical test strips and the students handed out over 630,000 rp of toothbrushes. So it was a very successful day
- Allan discuss the completion and handover of the water project #17 in Muntig. A project visit is planned for Wednesday August 2 to review Muntig progress and survey of a new project in Git Git.
- DDF funds status update, Sunset needs to appoint a PE and sign an MoU with the district. Further conditions will be resolved after the MoU.
PP Bruce described the project he is working on with the RC Oslo Rotary Club and has planned a visit to Bali’s Children’s Project on Wednesday August 2 for the project and an invitation is open to attend. Two from the Oslo club and Bruce and RTN Terri met with Linda from The BCP for half a day and all the Oslo club’s questioned were answered. Bruce has submitted a project request for US$2,000 which will cover 4 student scholarships for 1 full year of 4 uniforms, shoes, backpacks (WITH a Rotary patch sown on, books, paper and pencils for primary students in the Ubud area.
The Oslo Rotary Club will be submitting a Project request to their club for US$30-33,000 which will cover 300 students with one year scholarships for Jr. and Sr. high students
- Another Shared JFF project is being formulated by Dora
- Books for Culik school library also being put together by Dora
Many Rotaract clubs from all over Bali got together last week for a combined handover event which was sponsored by RC Nusa Dua.
Allan also announced that our Rotaract community Ubud is planning a fellowship and recruitment event in Ubud on August 5, join with rotaracts at the Outpost Saturday morning. Let Youth Director Abe or Rotaract President Gyani know if you are interested. Hopefully this will attract many new Rotaract members.
Sue then present 3 T-shirt designs for the club to look over and then vote on. Voting on three t-shirts design colors of white, orange and blue, the majority choose the blue. They will cost 135,000rp each. Members should confirm numbers they want and sizes, to be submitted to Sue Bishop for ordering. Minimum order quantity 20 for the club
Guest Speaker: Thys Van Harte – of the Sjaki-Tari-us foundation. Their website http://www.sjakitarius.nl/ is filled with all the great work they do. Members are encouraged to go there for a nice meal sometime soon and look over what they are doing.
Over 100 children with brain damage, Down’s syndrome and mental disability attend their special school in both Ubud (Lutundoh) and Singaraja. They are learning through sports activity playing and education.
Their restaurant is located on the Ubud football field so please visit them
Raffle prize won by RTN Ray Bishop
Next meeting: Kakiang Garden Cafe August 14th 5:30 to 7p.m. Our special guest speakers will be people from the Bali Children’s Project to give all the information we need for Bruce’s Project proposal.