Bulletin 8th December 2019
Bulletin December 8th 2019.
Rotary Club Bali Ubud Sunset.
District 3420/no. 79571
Meetings 2nd Monday of each month at Kakiang Garden Café, Jl Raya Andong, Ubud, and last Monday of each month at Maya Resort and Spa, Ubud at 5.30 – 7 pm.
Announcements, reports, project updates, and guest welcoming.
Meeting plus Pot luck Christmas Lunch!
Meeting held at the home of members Sue and Ray Bishop, Keramas.
President Tika welcomed all members and guests.
Apologies from Sue, recovering in Australia from surgery and Marion Hook, sick – get well wishes to both.
Members attending : Brian Goldman, Bruce Briscoe, Kartika Dewi, Renee Heaton, Danielle and Richard Foss, Ray Bishop, Dora , Kaler Suyanta, Anne Marie Kippar ( Honary member)
Guests: Cindy Hillbrink, ( upcoming new member), Lola Beatlebrox, Rotarian from RC Park City Sunrise, Uttah, USA,( author of book “ Petty Crimes and head Cases); her daughter Amanda(Roxy) ; Hans Smith originally from Germany now living in Seminyak, also an upcoming member, Kadek Erawan, owner of Warung Legong, Keramas, an upcoming member. Jack Bush ( friend of Ray’s) ; Anthony , Renee’s husband, Tika’s husband Kadek Raharja and their 2 children, Kaler’s wife and son, Kadek’s 2 children, and Dora’s son.
All guests introduced themselves.
- New committee for July 2020- June 2021 had to be decided on before January 1st.
President – Tika, with help from all as she will be busy with new baby!
Secretary – Renee Heaton
Fundraising – Jim and Ray
Membership Secretary – Marion Hook
Youth Community Chair – KalerSuyanta
Executive Secretary/ Director – Brian Goldman
Tika will also be responsible for website, FB page and Instagram; Renee will continue to write the Bulletins and articles for Bali Advertiser.
- The club has agreed to sponsor 2 Roteract members for District conference being held in Bali.
- Kedampal Water project – possibly start January 2020, for section requiring least funding
- Brian donated to the “Go Fund Me” for Taro project, last meeting was tagged by Renee as “friend”, and Brian tagged Tika as “friend” for next meeting.
- Discussion re venue for next year; some members not happy with Kakiang Garden café; more discussion required next year! Maya remains last Monday of each month.
- Rotary International thanked all members for their $10 donations.
- Cindy Hillbrink, has delayed becoming a member as she will be overseas till June 2020; however she donated RP 2 juta ( million) for water project and RP 1 Juta( million) for Bali Sehat.Thank you very much Cindy, look forward to seeing you on your return.
- The club gave donation to both Komang and Made for excellent help setting up, serving and washing up!! Thanks boys, great job!!
- The raffle was won by Tika!!
Next meeting Monday 13th January 2020, Kakiang Garden Café, Jl Raya Andung, Ubud.
Wishing all readers a very happy festive season and good health and happiness for the New Year!!by