Bulletin 14 March 2016
Rotary Club Bali Ubud Sunset
District 3420 / No. 79571
Meeting every Monday at 5:30 PM at the Maya Ubud Resort, Ubud or the Kakiang Garden Café, Ubud
“No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted” Aesop
Bulletin March 14, 2016
ANNOUNCEMENTS, CORRESPONDENCE, REPORTS
Pres. Allan, welcomed Vitus Kartner of RC Lungaul Saltzberg, Austria and his friend Ruealor Katikaew of Thailand.
Allan asked who knew what this Rotary month was. Several calls of ‘March” were heard, but Allan said “no”. The correct answer was “Water & Sanitation” month. ThIs works well since two of the focuses of our club is both Water and Sanitation!
It was also announced that after much effort, the monies allocated by Bowral/Mittagong Rotary club were returned since the project could not be started here.
Our latest projects-
- “Helmets for kindergarteners was explained:
- Fern to produce an emblem that the sponsor would like on the helmet.
- Sponsor to nominate what area around Ubud they would like maximum amount of exposure (Fern has mentioned Tegalalan and north area of Ubud).
- We have contacted Chris and confirmed that 110 helmets are available to finish as soon as an electronic design is received.
- We will talk with Rotaract to see if they want to be involved
- If so, Rotaract can source schools which can be beneficiaries of the helmets.
- Action item: Clarify follow up by sponsor/distributor/
- Our long term plan is to be able to create procedures for Chris – what would be the turnaround time for production
- Action Item: Organise posters which can be adapted for Ubud. Chris will/has sent…good exposure as to how Rotary is helping.
Rotaracts Mobile Library project –
- This is a Rotaractor’s Project where children’s books are purchased and taken to different schools – one school per month and are left with the children or the library to be read and taken home and used.
Bill and Judith visited Gramedia – huge place- to buy books and who gave a discount to Rotaract – and passed on the Ogo Pogo Canada Rotary Club’s recently sent donation for buying the books.
- Rotaractors will be having a library day on Sunday the 27th March in Batublatuh
- Suggested that we provide stationary to the school that is being visited at the same time. We have an allowance in the budget to buy books (if approved by club) Allan strongly recommended all members visit the mobile library and check out the value of doing so.
- Action Item: Need to put together a proposal about supporting Rotaract and the schools with writing materials after discussions with Rotaract on the 27th. Terri has already put forward a suggestion for this and we need to follow up.
Since the chef of the new restaurant Maksa has been invited as a speaker it was suggested that we have a brunch at Moksa and have chef Made Runatha speak to us about his project and be able to witness first hand the gardens and his ideas for his community.Action Item: Penny to confirm with Made when would be the best time and place for him to visit and speak with us.
The meeting of the 21st of March will be at Kakiang. http://rotarybaliubudsunset.org/attend-a-meeting-location-map/
Remember that Guests are ALWAYS welcomed and encouraged to attend our Monday evening meetings. Invite them to come see what our club is all about and how we are devoted to helping the local Balinese. Our club priorities are Health, Hygiene, and Water. To ensure a seat, please email us before Monday noon, at meeting (at) rotarybaliubudsunset (dot) org