News, 23 Jun 2019Handover Officer Rotary Club Ubud Sunset 2019/2020
Handover officer Rotary Club Ubud Sunset at Taro, Tegalalang, Gianyar on 22 June 2019
- Backpack for Children, by Bali Children’s Project
- World Polio Day, October 24th 2019
- Hosted Miss Teen Great Britain Imogen Chapman by Rotary Club Bali Ubud Sunset.
- Handover Officer Rotary Club Ubud Sunset 2019/2020
- 10th Aniversary Rotary Club of Bali Ubud Sunset
- We Can, They Can’t
- 5th Annual Christmas Fundraising Dinner 2018
- September Birthdays
- July Birthdays
- March Birthdays
- February Birthdays
- Rotary World Wide – Doing good!
- 4 April – President of Rotary Club Colorado Springs Interquest to visit
- Books for Balinese Schools
- Bluu Karangasem Water project handover 3 Jan 2016
- Child Helmet Project is up & running thanks to Terri & Penny
- Two Important Briefs Available
- Vision Quest: Bringing Vision to Indonesia’s Blind
- Purchase a Screening Voucher
and Save a Friend’s Life
- FUNraiser: Jazz Night with
The Hogan Brothers
- Oz Singer Gyan Benefits RCBUS to Assist HIV/AIDS Clinic
- Ubud’s HIV/AIDS Clinic Opens Officially!
- Mary Jane Edleson on Sustainable Tourism
- ‘Body Music’ Was a Great Success!
- RCBUS Hosts Successful RYLA 2013
- What does a Water Project Look Like?
- HAPPY NEW YEAR
- Nest Box for Bali Starling
Dear Friends –
I am so sorry but I will be unable to join you on Monday for the Rotary meeting. Jim died very unexpectedly on December 28, 2019. Sue will tell you about it at Monday’s meeting as It is very difficult for me to write about or to discuss on the phone.
I do want you all to know how much Jim enjoyed Rotary and each of you. You filled him with a purpose larger than himself here in Bali. You offered him unconditional friendship which he embraced. You made a huge, joy-filled difference in his life here. And for that, I simply can not thank you enough – ever.
What can you do? Nothing will alter the situation, but I know Jim would be very pleased if you would continue to bring a spool of thread to the Rotary meeting at the Maya. He was the father of two daughters and the Sewing for Living project was close to his heart for many reasons. He would smile if you also continued to nominate a friend to donate to the Taro GoFundMe account. Jim admired Wayan very much and so wanted to see his eco projects succeed. We have almost met the project goal to purchase badly needed machinery for Taro. Lastly, please, please support the next Rotary fundraiser which will be in March. Jim was so excited about it. He and Ray planned it well and it will be up to all of us to execute those plans. So please sell tickets and gather raffle items, large and small, to honor his memory.
I love you all and hope my heart will have healed enough so that I can see you at the January 27th meeting.
Today December 18th 2019, it’s been a wonderful day we have Rotarian Julia Parini from Rotary Club Seaford D9520 Adelaide Australia who sponsored 2 sewing machines and 1 overlocker machine to support the “Sewing for Living” Project.
She was on holiday in Bali and browsing for Rotary clubs in Bali, she found about “Sewing for Living” project through our website and then decided to donate sewing machines. She is flying back on Thursday 19th December 2019 to Australia. We are so lucky to have met with you today and purchase the sewing machines. Thank you so much Julia, we really appreciate it, this will support and encourage the women to have pride in themselves.