Become an RCBUS Member
Rotary Club Bali Ubud Sunset welcomes new members!
The benefits: Members of our club enjoy
- fellowship with a diverse, multicultural group of active people who want to help the local Balinese people in need
- opportunities to engage in credible and well-managed service projects
- a program of excellent speakers on topics of international, local and cultural interest
- learning about activities, projects and events around Bali and the world
- a welcome to meetings of the 34,000 Rotary International clubs around the world
- meeting our many international and Indonesian guests
- inviting friends, family and visitors to be guests at the club
- access to online resources, newsletters and information about international service projects and issues
- attendance at special events, conferences, trainings and seminars
- the chance to mentor and support young people through scholarships, fellowships, RYLA (Rotary Youth Leadership Awards) and Rotaract, our active and vibrant youth section.
The commitments: Rotarians aim to live and work within defined ethical guidelines:
Service above Self, in accordance with the Rotary motto, and the
Four Way Test of the things we think, say or do:
- Is it the TRUTH?
- Is it FAIR to all concerned?
- Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
- Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
Club service Members support the club both by their attendance and through active service (such as joining committees, contributing to the website, fundraising for projects, suggesting speakers and greeting guests).
Meetings: RCBUS asks members to attend as many meetings as possible This can be at our club, or through ‘make ups’ at other clubs around the world, even online via e-Clubs. Indeed, many of our members spend only part of their time in Ubud, and engage with clubs elsewhere as part of their overall membership in Rotary International. Project planning, attendance at functions and project site visits also count as ‘make up’ meetings. How to become a member
- Attend at least 3 meetings of RCBUS as a guest
- Have a member as a sponsor/mentor
- Submit a membership application through your sponsor
- Application is then approved by the Board and club members
- Pay New Member Fee and yearly dues
- Choose an area of club service
- Attend, get involved and enjoy your new world of friendship and service!
New member fee: IDR 200,000
Yearly International and District dues: IDR 1,800,000 (including your minimum “Every Rotarian Every Year ” contribution to the Rotary Foundation (which funds millions of $ of Rotary projects): $100 or whatever will always be appreciated).
Meeting Attendance: IDR 100,000 per meeting to Maya (last Monday every month) covers the meeting facility, refreshments and light snacks. When the meeting is not at Maya (Kakiang Garden Cafe, for example, 2nd Monday every month) there is not set fee, just pay for the food or drink you order.
Raffles at meetings (optional): buying tickets – from IDR 20,000 – and donating prizes. (The raffles help support the club’s projects and operational costs.)
For more info:
Write to email@example.com for more info.by